Welcome to the website of the Hangleton and Knoll Project.
We are a Community Development charity based in the Hangleton and Knoll ward of Brighton and Hove in South East England. A part of the community since 1983 we are a project working for the community with the community and managed by the community.
Right from the start local residents have shaped and developed the project to become what it is today; a model of good practice for how a community is able to develop and manage it's own resources.
This website provides an overview of the Project's aims, our history, some examples of our current activities in the community and contact details should you wish to get in touch with us.
- 23rd April 2013: Good Food project recipe book available as free download!
- 27th Mar 2013 : Our new HaKIT flyer, has all the information you'll need about our IT courses, drop-ins and activities running April to July.
- 12th Mar 2013 : Live in Hangleton and Knoll? Please complete this 3 minute survey about health before the end of April. It will help us decide what we can offer in 2013
- 12th Mar 2013 : Our Spring newsletter is now available for download providing information about a number of exciting upcoming events and regular activities in your local community.
- 12th Mar 2013 : All welcome to join in the fun at the HK Multicultural Womens group festival at Hangleton Community Centre on Sunday 2nd June 1-5
- 5th Mar 2013 : Come and join us for some LGBT friendly dance sessions on Saturday 20th April and Saturday 18th May. See posters for full details.
- 5th Mar 2013 : Our Community Action AGM will be held on Wednesday 8th May at St Richard's Community centre. Come along to find out more about local healthy low cost activities and ask questions about ways you can get involved in improving your local GP or Health services.
- 31st Jan 2013 : The Mayor of Brighton and Hove held a celebratory event at Brighton Town Hall to congratulate the Hangleton & Knoll project on receiving a national Big Society Award from the government.
- 31st Jan 2013 : Evaluation of partnership project with Amaze and parent carers in Hangleton & Knoll
- 31st Jan 2013 : Beat the January blues at the Hangleton Community Centre. We have a programme of free activities for January - February 2013
- 8th Jan 2013 : On Saturday 2nd March the Hangleton Community Center is hosting a free well being event with taster treatments, talks and workshops and information and advice.
- 8th Jan 2013 : Have you heard of Hangleton and Knoll Community Action? Come along to our community safety event on 27th Febuary and learn about how we work together with local services to make the area a safer place.
- 8th Jan 2013 : Hangleton & Knoll LGBT group invite you to an open meeting. A chance to meet like-minded people and get involved in celebrating being LGBT in Hangleton & Knoll.
- 2nd Dec 2012 : In reaction to the Hangleton & Knoll Project's recent "Big Society" Award ITV Meridien News runs an article showcasing some of the work
- 2nd Dec 2012 : Hangleton & Knoll Project publish their Annual Report for the year ended 31 March 2012.
- 12th Nov 2012 : Interested in working near the Hangleton and Knoll Project? There's office space to rent available within the St Richard's Community Centre.
- 12th Nov 2012 : Our 2012 youth work summer report provides an overview of many of the activities and youth programmes the project has been involved in recently.
- 27th Oct 2012 : We would be delighted if you would accept our invitation to attend our upcoming Annual General Meeting. There will be lots of information as well as presentations and displays from our teams.
- 9th Oct 2012 : Hangleton and Knoll Project wins National recognition with a Big Society award.
- 10th Sept 2012 We're proud to present the Hangleton & Knoll project's 5 year Strategic Plan, providing a detailed description of our aims and ambitions for the next half decade of community service!
- 26th June 2012 : Youth group 100 Felt tips explain in their own words how they managed to achieve an astro turf court in Knoll Park
- 26th June 2012 : Hangleton and Knoll Multicultural Women's group talk about the community development support they get from Hangleton and Knoll Project
- 4th April 2012 : A report of notable achievements of our youth work team over the last 12 months is now available for download.
- 25th January 2012 : We have now published the Hangleton and Knoll Community Consultation for download, highlighting needs and priorities as identified by local residents.
- 20th January 2012 : Child Poverty and Community Development. A response to the draft B&H Child Poverty Needs Assessment October 2011
- 19th October 2011 : Resilience and Community Development October 2011. A response to the Annual Report of the Director of Public Health Brighton and Hove 2010